News. Old Entries. Archive.
Micro Focus has released the Filr 3.4.7 update. It offers an updated Filr Desktop Client for Windows with the latest Filr 3.4.7 update.
The fix includes fixes that also fix problems with older Filr versions, but also has something to offer for newer Filr versions.
Important! – also fixed: “blue screen” when using the Filr desktop client
Most importantly, here is the last TID in the TID list, TID 7023960, which describes the occasional bluescreen when using a Filr 4.0 on a 64-bit Windows 10 system. The solution is to upgrade to Filr 4.1.
The following problems should be solved:
TID 7022639 – Using LibreOffice 6 and saving directly to Filr folder fails on subsequent edits
TID 7023747 – Unable to cut-n-paste files if Secure Boot is enabled
TID 7024255 – Multiple pop-ups appearing on desktop with the title of “Filr Downloads”
Bug 1133513 – Error deleting file: “A file with the name you specified already exists. Specify a different file name.”
Bug 1113958 – PDF-XChange Editor can’t open files within “My Files”
Bug 1117370 – Filr 3.4.2 (929) Crashes Libreoffice on “SAVE AS”
Bug 1117582 – Interoperability issue between Filr 3.4 and latest McAfee ENS
Bug 1136870 – Filr 4.0 client breaks eCatcher VPN software
Bug 1132861 – Filr 3.4.3: MPLABX development platform crashes when Filr Desktop Client is installed
Bug 994764 – Adobe Acrobat print as PDF creates txt files
Bug 954590 – Unable to print files inside Filr data area using ‘Adobe Pdf’
Bug 979838 – Save to PDF from Quickbooks into Filr area does not work
Bug 1042682 – In Windows 10, Saving PDF files inside Filr Data area using “Microsoft Print to PDF” randomly fails
Bug 1134371 – Access Denied when saving pdf file from Google Chrome to Filr
TID 7023960 – Occasional Blue Screen on Windows 10 with Filr 4.0 Desktop client
Micro Focus has released Filr 4.1, the latest iteration of its powerful Enterprise File Sync-and-Share solution!
You can update your system to Filr 4.1 via the Online Update Channel.
Online and collaborative editing:
- Open and edit common files types within a browser view
- Multiple users able to open and simultaneously edit the file, changes reflected real-time
- Administrator can control whether the file can be printed/download/content copied out of Filr
- Ability to download folders from mobile iOS and Android Apps
- Revamped Web Client (Tech Preview)
- Whitelisted files are not synchronized if encrypted (Bug 1145658)
- Users randomly fail to authenticate – Filr must be restarted (Bug 1144112)
- Filr 4.0: After upgrade from Filr 3.x to 4.x Postfix to send email notification does not work (Bug 1152608)
- Unable to integrate NetIQ Advanced Authentication PKI with Filr desktop client (Bug 1131983)
- Access Denied when saving pdf file from Google Chrome to Filr (Bug 1134371)
- No documentation for the “Exclude File Types” tab (Bug 1140759)
- Using LibreOffice 6 and saving directly to Filr folder fails on subsequent edits (Bug 1079631)
- Using normal delete operation Folders are not getting Deleted (Bug 1133513)
- Filr 3.4.2: If “secureboot” is enabled then filrapphookx64.dll will not load (Bug 1117768)
- The new Filr 4.0 client breaks eCatcher VPN software (Bug 1136870)
- Unable to upgrade Filr 3.4.3 on Suse Xen to Filr 4.0 (Bug 1132367)
- Filr Client App 18.104.22.168 fail “Send File” in Android 9 (Bug 1149077)
- Multiple Filr download pop-ups occurring on desktops (Bug 1115441)
- Adobe Acrobat print as PDF creates txt files (Bug 994764)
- UI/UX Beta interface wants to open .exe file instead of downloading it (Bug 1138760)
- After upgrade, cannot login as admin on port 8443 (Bug 1133701
If you have any questions regarding the new features, the update or the installation and use of Filr, please contact us. We look forward to helping you.
Micro Focus has released the Filr 3.4.6 update and the Filr 4.0.3 update. This update provides an updated Filr Desktop Client for Mac that fixes issues with the new MacOS version Mac 10.15.
You can update your system via the Online Update Channel to Filr 3.4.6 or Filr 4.0.3.
The updates handle the following TIDs: TID 7024170 – Upgrade to MacOS 10.15 results in no Filr files.
If you have questions about the current update or any other questions about Filr, we are at your disposal. Contact us, we are happy to help.
Micro Focus has released Filr 4.0,
the latest iteration of its powerful Enterprise File Sync-and-Share solution.
- Revamped Look and Feel (in Tech Preview): The end-user experience has been completely revamped to remove friction, increase ease-of-use, and create better, more intuitive interactions with Web client users.
- Updated base platform/SLES/Tomcat/Java: Powerful architecture updates to the base platform to increase speed and performance.
- Changed default database from MySQL to PostgreSQL
- The new KevView-based html renderer: A newer, quicker HTML rendering engine to replace the former Oracle Stellent engine.
- Lucene has been updated to version 7.3
- Single channel registration key for Filr: (SLES12 SP3 base), Lucene (SLES12 SP3 base) and PostgreSQL (SLES 15 base) appliances
- 300+ Internal defects resolved
- …And more!
For any questions concerning the new features, the update or how to set up and use Filr, please contact us. We are happy to help you.
Micro Focus has released Patch 1 for Vibe 4.0.6.
The patch is now available in the Micro Focus Patch Finder.
Vibe 4.0.6 – Patch 1
Overview: Patch 1 addresses the following issues:
1127386 -Unable to delete specific task.
1129788 -“HTTP Status 403 – Forbidden” when setting an entry as Wiki Home Page.
1129789 -Setting the “file status” does not work any more
1129791 -Survey questions are not saved when creating and saving a survey
1129799 -Stopping a workflow shows invalid CSRF
1129800 -Cannot Edit Descriptions on Discussion & Team Workspaces
1130363 -HTTP 403 error when trying to set/unset the Reserve Entry flag.
1130439 -Blank Guest login page occurs after an update from Vibe 4.0.5 to 4.0.6
Feel free to contact us for more information about the fixed issues and in case you need support with the application of this update. We are looking forward to helping you with planning, installing and keeping your Vibe installation up to date.