News. Old Entries. Archive.
Micro Focus has released Filr 4.3,
the latest update to its powerful Enterprise File Sync-and-Share solution. It may not look like it at first glance, but this update is a big one, with great improvements behind the scenes. Read on to find out what has changed! We’ll follow the sections detailed in the Filr 4.3 Release Notes.
High-profile improvements include:
- SIEM Integration: With Filr 4.3 it is now possible to centrally monitor and analyze important Filr events. This works if you enable integration with your existing Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution.
- Integration for Micro Focus Desktop Containers: Filr 4.3 now enables tight integration with MFDC (version 21.7 and above). Users can now save their data transparently in Filr. This innovation helps ensure that the MFDC user data remains within the company.
As usual, there have been some extensions and improvements for the Filr web interface, some of which have now made it over from Filr 3.x :
- Customers can now add new languages to the list of available locales
- Image and media files are now rendered in-browser when accessed via public share links
- It is possible again to hide and unhide items under “Shared With Me”
- The beloved Permalinks are back
- Adding multiple email addresses at once when sharing is back
Additionally, a lot of work has been done “under the hood”, improving performance and bringing new admin features:
- CPU usage in search nodes is reduced for some of the most frequently used functions.
- CPU usage reduced when creating some central reports for large amounts of data.
- The web application now starts up to 10 times faster!
- The admin can now choose “OES CIFS” as Server Type for Net Folder Servers.
- The admin can now enable or disable “never” as a choice for share expiration, system-wide.
Micro Focus Content Editor updated to 1.2.2
With Filr 4.3, the Content Editor (CE) appliance, which supports collaborative editing of Filr-stored documents directly on the web, has been updated to version 1.2.2, bringing new features:
- Includes LibreOffice Draw support.
- Supports the ODF 1.3 file format.
- Calc now comes with Pivot Tables
- A number of new elements to add, like the Connector Toolbox and vertical textboxes.
There have also been changes to platform support:
- With the end of support for some client OS versions, the Filr Desktop Client for Windows 7/Windows 8.1 has been deprecated – they will still work, generally, but not receive any updates. To get all the new features, you need to be on Windows 10
- There is now a technical preview for the Filr Desktop Client for Apple Silicon (the M1-machines), that needs special care during installation.
For more detailed information, feel free to contact us, or check out the full Filr 4.3 Release Notes. For any questions concerning the new features, the update or how to set up and use Filr, please contact us. We are happy to help you.
Vibe 4.0.8 is released and includes the following:
- Fixes for costumer related bugs
- Security updates
The following bugs have been fixed:
28069 Vibe does not search on terms inside tables.
28067 Using Excel 2016: trying to save changes to xlsx file always leads to “Upload Failed” when using do.jnlp.
27089 Filenames with extended characters no longer accessible after upgrade to 4.0.7
28059 “Edit In Place” in word and excel complains that another user has changed the entry.
27059 Blog notification email will not display image for recipient.
LUCY webinar on the security awareness study 2020: what are the effective benefits of awareness programs?
Presentation of the results in a LUCY webinar on September 29th, 2020!
The study report particularly addresses the findings in the DACH region and deals with the following questions, among others:
• Why is there a high relevance of cybersecurity awareness for any IT security strategy?
• What are the most common challenges when implementing security awareness measures?
• What are the specific benefits for the company?
• How do the awareness measures affect the workforce?
• Does cybersecurity awareness affect the corporate culture?
Additionally, Samantha Danilowski, IT Enterprise Security Robert Bosch LLC, will talk about the development of the Bosch internal awareness program and show how valuable it is to have trained and sensitive users.
After the presentation, the speakers will be available to answer questions.
Micro Focus Vibe has once again listened to its customers and has released Micro Focus Vibe 4.0.7. This version includes numerous bug fixes and better transport security by forcing TLS 1.2.
If you have any questions regarding the new features, the update or the installation and use of Micro Focus Vibe please contact us. We look forward to helping you.
We are LUCY partners!
Consulting, support, licenses and support
Lucy Security is the leading privacy-compliant solution for testing, training, education, and monitoring the security behaviour of employees using the Internet.
With LUCY, companies can assume the role of a fictitious attacker (phishing simulation) and identify gaps in both technical infrastructure and human security awareness – and eliminate these gaps through a comprehensive e-learning feature. Lucy can be installed inside the organisation’s network (on-premise). No data leaves the organisation, nothing is transferred to the cloud, the organisation (and also the staff council/workers council) have complete control over the processing of data that is worthy of rigorous protection.
Phishing simulations provide a secure learning environment in which employees can experience how they would react to real cyber attacks. Phishing simulations generate awareness of email and Internet threats and make employees receptive to training and education.
Lucy has an integrated learning management system (LMS) with over 200 interactive training and education modules. Lucy e-learning can be made available to employees in a flexible manner, independently of running a phishing simulation and even offline. An integrated authoring system and a SCORM interface make it easy to integrate new content that is specifically tailored to the needs of your organization.
Lucy’s testing tools help you determine how safe your information infrastructure is from cyber attacks.
From an attacker’s perspective you can observe:
- the weak points of your mail and web infrastructure as well as the application programs on the computers of your employees,
- the information about your organization on the Internet and on the dark web, which a hacker also uses to prepare his attack.
Help is only useful if it’s available right when you need it! Lucy’s emergency button (plugin for Outlook, Gmail and Office365) reminds employees that email is an unsafe thing and tells them in seconds if a dubious-looking email is really dangerous.
With little effort for users and IT-Service desk…
- suspicious mail is automatically analyzed,
- Users caution is rewarded,
- and training/education measures are integrated.
Code and Concept is a certified Lucy Eco-System Partner and supports you in planning, implementing and operating Lucy in your organization through
- Consulting and Workshops
- Handling the licensing of Lucy
- technical support
- Planning and implementation of awareness-raising campaigns
- penetration tests
Please do feel free to contact us! – Together with you, we will identify your needs and define the next steps. Our Human Factors specialist Dr. Werner Degenhardt is the right man for you to talk to!