Novell Messenger 3.0 Support Pack 1 is available for download. You can find it on Novell’s website (Services & Support > Download > Patches) – or just follow this direct link to download the latest version.
Please read the instructions on the download page carefully and follow the given steps for installation:
“Novell Messenger 3.0 Support Pack 1 has been released. Please be aware that there are security fixes to Messenger’s server and client components (see the change log below and the Readme documentation on the web). It is recommended that they are updated on an expedited basis.”
What has been fixed in Novell Messenger 3.0 Support Pack 1:
- SSL Connection Requirements: Messenger now requires all communications except those to eDirectory to be secure. You can either use a publicly signed cert or Messenger will create the server certificate during the installation.
- Modify SSL Cipher Suite: You can modify the SSL cipher suite for Messenger. This allows you to disable certain cipher suites if they do not work in your environment.
- PIN Support for iOS and Andriod Apps: The Messenger app can now be locked with a PIN so only you can access it. Along with using the PIN, you can also used iOS TouchID to unlock the app.
- Custom Status Support for iOS and Andriod Apps: You can now edit and create custom status’ inside the apps.
- MobileIron Support: MobileIron can be used to deploy and configure the server, port, username, and password for the apps.
Bug Component – Issue
918288 Administration/Install – Allow upgrade w/o reboot
920290 Administration/Install – Disable specific SSL Key Exchange methods for certain firewalls
931720 Administration/Install – Disable non-strong SSL cipher suites by default
912554 Client Cross Platform – Miscellaneous – Implement network detection (Mac)
919575 Client Cross Platform – Miscellaneous – Messenger will not start
654534 Client Linux – Groupwise Messenger client group conversation hangs suddenly
917482 Client Linux – Under some conditions the client will not launch on Linux
920966 Client Linux – Error message for connecting to a non-ssl MA is different than windows
924108 Client Linux – Client uses ‘system’ look and feel (instead of ‘metal’)
910341 Client Mac – Mac client disconnects while iOS client stays connected
922599 Client Mac – Mac client audio alerts cannot be re-enabled
925757 Client Mac – Mac client drops wireless connection
927891 Client Mac – Remove pop-up exception dialog
912552 Client Windows – Implement network detection
918734 Client Windows – Client sits and spins
897568 Client Windows – Periodic client hang issue (hook dll)
915283 Client Windows – Change default recommended keep-alive to 3 minutes
925490 Messaging Agent – NPNS SSL connect failure
915043 Messaging Agent – Drop the connection inactivity timeout to 5 minutes